Saturday, December 17, 2011

Featured Etsian: Bill and Charlene Mullis

My favorite Item from CrabApplCreations:   Primitive Snowman nodder make do ornie tea dyed tree topper rusty spring


This primitive snowman is one of my favorite things to make. His head has been handcrafted from warm and natural batting which has been tea dyed. His hat is felt and a homespun tie has been added. The entire hat was then brushed with cinammon to create an older look. He has button eyes, a stitched mouth, and his nose is made from a painted and cinammoned paper plate. He smells good.

He sits on a base of greenery and red pip berries, and an old bed spring. He is 12" tall. A tag adorns the spring which says winter welcome. He can either be displayed as a makedo or can be added to the top of your Christmas tree. He can then be taken down and displayed til spring on a shelf or wherever you might decide to add him.

Homespun ties may vary as well as color of warm and natural as it has been tea dyed. There is a variation between snowmen as they are handmade. That is one of the things of beauty of buying handmade in the USA. Every one is different.

This would be a great addition to anyones snowman collection.

This snowman can be combined with other purchases and out of United States shipments will be quoted upon request.

This item may be shipped with others in order to reduce shipping cost. It will gladly be shipped internationally. Just convo me for exact quote.

Thanks for looking. You can also view the rest of our items at crabapplcreations.etsy.com.

Enjoy the wonderful holiday season ahead.       



About:

About

Shabby chic, frames, quality wooden shelves, upgraded vintage, and antique items are just some of the products we offer.

In business since 1993, Crab Apple Creations strives the make a product that you will love, as much as we love making it for you.

I love the treasure hunting that goes into finding these items as well as the fun of seeing the rescued and upcycled items that come from the hunt.

After 25 years as controller at a manufacturing plant, I have returned to doing what is near and dear to my heart, crafting. Together with my husband Bill, who is the manufacturer of all our items, I have tried to create items that will be near and dear to your heart, whether they be vintage, rescued and upcycled vintage, or hand made new. Our customers are our main concern and our target is to make you as happy when you receive your item as we are creating it.

We welcome special orders. I will search all of our treasury of items to come up with just the exact thing you are searching for.

To see more items from this Etsian, click here:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrabApplCreations


                                                                         The Interview:

I am a happily married mother and grandmother living in God's country here in Southern Indiana. I come from a long line of crafts people. My grandmother and mother both have sewn and made quilts for as long as I can remember. When my girls were little, I made all their clothes. My husband and I have been doing craft shows since 1993. My tastes orgininally ran more toward primitive. He is a retired cabinetmaker so quality is sooo on his mind when building his wood products.

I just recently retired and am having a wonderful time going treasure hunting to find all the beautiful vintage items available in our area. I really enjoy upcycling all the treasures I find into beautiful, bright wall hangings, wedding products and bright colored decor. This etsy adventure is not just to supplement income; it is fun just to see what you can create from a rusty old item or vintage find.
Bill and Charlene Mullis                   
                                       

When we are not creating, we love to go camping, boating, fishing and just enjoying all the beautiful sights of nature here in the hills of Southern Indiana. We have a mini farm of 8 acres and enjoy growing fresh garden products as well as strawberries. A night in the summertime here in the country is filled with whipporwills, fireflies, crickets and locusts. During the day, we see an abundance of deer, rabbits, birds and other small forest creatures.

In ten years from now, I hope to be doing just what I am doing now, creating, laughing, holding my grandchildren and just enjoying life in general

No comments:

Post a Comment