Monday, January 2, 2012

Featured Etsian: Courtney Rae Troup

Courtney is my featured vendor this time.  The name of her shop is BookCraft.  Here is the link to her shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BookCraft?ref=pr_shop_more

This is one of my favorite items.


Pretty Paper Flowers (12) made from Upcycled Book Pages for Wedding or Home Decor
To see more about this item, click here: 


About:

I am a lover of books, especially the vintage ones. I don't care what it is about, if the print is older than me, I want it. For instance, I own a book written entirely in short hand. Do I read short hand? No. So why do I own it? Because its age transforms it into something so much more than what it was when first printed. I feel like it holds so much more history than a new book that you could buy at Barnes & Noble.

Speaking of the newer books... Those I tend to destroy. I love making beautiful crafts out of the pages of books. And to me, it is a lot different when I can just go buy another copy of the book. Really, I am only giving that author & publishing co. more money anyways, so i don't think they mind.

My creations are inspired by the beautiful look of vintage books & the Victorian era. I love old buildings & libraries. And I could spend hours just staring at a particular shelf in my local library, which is filled with huge old tomes of our towns history and other beautiful vintage books.
View my inspiration board here: http://pinterest.com/bookcraft/my-inspiration/

If you are a book lover, or know a book lover, I hope you enjoy perusing my shop, and I hope you find the perfect gift for someone special or the perfect decoration to accent your home or special day. If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to convo me!

www.facebook.com/BookCraftShop
www.twitter.com/#!/bookcraftshop
www.Always-Becoming.blogspot.com
www.Pinterest.com/BookCraft


The Interview:

Tell the readers about yourselfMy name is Courtney Rae; I'm addicted to coffee & words. I will be getting married in August 2012 & when I'm not working or planning the wedding I spend much of my free time reading & editing my fiancé’s novel & short stories.

Besides creating, what other hobbies do you have?Hmm... Besides creating... um... sleeping? Haha, pretty much all of my hobbies involve creating something. The only time I'm not creating is when I sleep, and even that is debatable. I love cooking & baking, writing poems, lyrics, short stories, screen plays & blogs. I also love interior design, & event planning & graphic design. But I do also enjoy reading, & playing board games with my fiancé. RISK is my all-time favorite board game, but my fiancé is less of a fan so we usually play Settlers of Catan, which is his favorite & my second favorite. I also love doing Sudoku puzzles when I have the time.

Where does your inspiration come from?Originally, my inspiration came from my wedding. We decided to have a book themed wedding with a very vintage style, drawing inspiration from the 1800's & earlier. I came up with many ideas & started creating many things, not all of which were a perfect fit for my own wedding, so I decided to open up BookCraft as a way to share those ideas with other brides. I continue to keep my mind fresh with new ideas by drawing inspiration from images of the Victorian era, old, huge libraries, old tomes & vintage classics. I try to create the perfect blend between rustic & elegant.

Where would you like to be in 10 years?
In 10 years, I would love to own a coffee shop, I have so many ideas & I am very excited to implement them. Though would really like to continue creating & selling on Etsy. Owning my own shop on Etsy has allowed me to spend time doing many of the things that I love doing: Crafting, marketing, graphic design, social media, copywriting, & yes, even accounting. They say there are two types of people, those that love English & those that love math, but I've always been a big fan of both & I love that Etsy allows me to spend time doing both.

No comments:

Post a Comment